Download Our Job Application PDF
Sales Associate Job Description:
We don't just sell sports gear. Garnet & Gold is a specialty sports boutique offering the greatest selection of apparel that's both fashion forward and perfect for the big game. Our stores offer carefully-curated clothing, exclusive gifts, and local novelties fit for any fan. We encourage our team to show their team spirit, so customers feel welcome to strike up a conversation about their favorite team, the latest game or even their favorite rivalry! We want to be more than just another sports store, and our team helps us stand apart from the competition.
Our stores offer a friendly environment and comfortable shopping experience, with associates dedicated to helping customers find the perfect new item to represent their favorite team. Garnet & Gold is committed to truly connecting with patrons to offer exceptional service from the moment they step into one of our local stores.
Sales Associates will perform basic operational and transactional functions. Responsibilities will include: handling client service issues, operating as floor coach in the absence of a manager, issuing approvals for transactions as well as opening and closing store, lifting and straightening merchandise. The Sales Associate will refer all duties, which require managerial experience and/or approval to the Store Manager. Sales Associates also handle a variety of operational duties as assigned by the Store Management Team (i.e. housekeeping duties, visual presentation standards, must be able to negotiate the sales floor, fold merchandise, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Sales: Proven ability to generate sales, add-on and develop relationships with customers
· Client Service: Ensures that the client remains the top priority
· Store Operations and Organization: Ability to organize and lift merchandise, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
· Merchandising: Knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and ability to implement and maintain within guidelines
· Accuracy: Ability to handle cash and provide change without error. Ability to prepare nightly deposit as necessary. Captures accurate information for all transactions including signatures, addresses, and original receipt data
· Communication: Communicates effectively with Customers, Members of Management, and Store Associates
· Flexibility: Flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business (part-time minimum 15 hours per week)
· Retail clothing experience preferred
· Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per week
· Must be sales focused, exude high energy, and have an outgoing personality
· Must be able to work FSU Home Game Weekends
· Excellent communication and analytical skills
· Must be able to negotiate the sales floor and fold merchandise
· May be required to lift and carry 30 lbs.
Garnet & Gold is an Equal Employment Employment Opportunity Employer
Garnet & Gold is smoke-free workplace.
Did you know we have employed more than 6,000 FSU students over our 35+ years in business?